If your boiler is on the blink or on its last legs it could be time to get a new one
So you need a new boiler … now what?
To help you decide what new boiler you need, we can send one of our friendly surveyors to your property. They can advise you on which new boiler might suit your needs best.
Don’t worry if you don’t know your combi from your cylinder; one of our surveyors can explain the difference at your advisory visit. Alternatively you can start an instant chat with one of our helpful team now.
New Boilers vary based on what type, brand and size you want. Below we’ll explain what some of the most common varieties are.
One of the most popular types of new boiler is the combination, or ‘combi’, boiler. It is both a high efficiency water heater and a central heating boiler in a single compact unit. Combi boilers heat water directly from the mains when you turn on a tap, so you won’t need a hot water storage cylinder or a cold water storage tank in the roof space.
Combi boilers are a popular choice for new boiler as they are one of the most cost-effective and energy-efficient – as water is heated instantly rather than being heated and then stored in a cylinder. An added benefit is that hot water is delivered at mains pressure, which means that you could get a powerful shower without the need for a separate pump.
• Compact sizes make combi boilers perfect for smaller properties
• Ideal where there is little or no loft space
• No need for a hot water cylinder allows you to have increased living space
• No cold water storage tank frees up a loft for conversion
• No risk of loft pipework freezing
• Less pipework in the home makes installation typically cheaper
System boilers require a cylinder for storing hot water, however the major heating and hot water system components are built into the boiler itself, making it quicker and easier to install.
Additionally, if you need a new boiler that won’t take up too much room, system boilers would suit as they don’t need tanks. Tanks for other boilers are are often kept in lofts, space that is regularly earmarked for a conversion.
If you are looking at new boilers that are also compatible with solar water heating systems, which deliver environmental benefits as well as lower energy bills, system boilers are a good choice.
• Ideal for homes with more than one bathroom
• Constant supply of hot water to any number of taps at the same time
• No need for a loft tank, freeing up space and eliminating worries about leaks or frost damage
• Economical to run
• Built-in components makes installation quicker and neater
Regular boilers (sometimes known as traditional, conventional or heat only boilers) are ideally suited to homes that already have a traditional heating and hot water system which is linked to a separate hot water cylinder.
If you are considering this for your new boiler, you should bear in mind that these need a cold water storage tank in the loft to feed the hot water cylinder, as well as a tank that maintains the water level of the central heating system.
A regular boiler may be the best option for replacing an existing boiler if the property has an older radiator system, as it might not be able to cope with the higher water pressure that is delivered by system or combi boilers.
These new boilers are:
• Perfect for homes where a lot of hot water is used at the same time
• Ideal where there are two or more bathrooms
• A good option in areas where water pressure is low
• Compatible with solar water heating systems for a lower carbon footprint and lower energy cost
We work with the best brands
Worcester Bosch’s Greenstar boiler range has been awarded Which? Best Buy for the 7th year running. They are efficient, reliable and come with a fantastic warranty offer.
‘Vaillant boilers are one of the most recognisable boiler brands around and feature high energy efficiency ratings and low emissions.’
“The Worcester Bosch Group aim to work with a very select group of independent heating companies. These companies, including LS1 Boiler Installation, demonstrated a commitment to great customer service and quality workmanship over a sustained period of time.”
Alex Swann – Worcester Bosch – Business Support Manager
Feeling the pinch?
New boilers can be costly. If you’re on a tight budget you may want to consider a boiler brand like Ideal, Ariston or Vokera.
Give one of our friendly team a call or start an instant chat now to find out about our budget friendly range and our flexible payment terms including: Buy Now Pay Later and 0% finance from just £9 per month! Trust London’s number 1 boiler replacement specialists to install your new boiler to the very highest standards.
New boilers with tech controls? If you like the idea of turning the heating on from bed, or turning it off when you’re in the office then smart controlled heating is for you! Find out more about how digital controlled heating is taking the UK by storm in our guide to central heating.
- We take the hassle out of the entire experience, from our award winning customer service team to our surveyors and engineers – our mission is to make your life easier.
- We’re simply the best – well we like to think so but it’s also backed up by hundreds of positive reviews on independent review sites like Which? Trusted Traders and Trust Pilot.
- We’re highly experienced – we are one of only 5% of gas installers in the UK who are officially accredited by Worcester Bosch and the even smaller number who are DIAMOND accredited. This means we have been through a stringent vetting and training process and are authorised to offer the longest warranties available on their boilers.
- We put our money where our mouth is – we’re so confident in the standard or our work and the skill of our engineers that we offer the longest warranties available – upto 12 years and give FREE 24/7 boiler breakdown cover on top of that!
- We offer affordable and honest pricing and our easy to read quotes are transparent so you can easily see what you’ll be getting for your hard earned money.
- We won’t be beaten on price – our price match guarantee means if you can find a cheaper like-for-like we won’t only match the price but we’ll also give you a £50 high street voucher.
- We offer flexible ways to pay including Buy Now Pay Later and 0% finance from just £9 per month.
- We’re better than the ‘big boys’ – we’re not a nameless corporate entity, we genuinely care about our customers and doing a great job for them.
- We’re passionate about helping our local community whether it be sponsoring local charities like The Brixton Soup Kitchen or Lewisham Youth Football club or mentoring young people. See these on our charity page
- A new boiler is probably the last thing you want to spend your hard earned money on, and it can often be an unexpected expense at the worst possible time. We can help you spread the cost of your new boiler with Buy Now Pay Later and 0% finance starting at just £9 a month!
- Rest assured the price we quote is the price you pay, once a surveyor has visited your property your quote is valid for 28 days with a FIXED PRICE PROMISE. You could even get 10% off your quote if you defer your boiler installation until the summer months – give us a call or start an instant chat to find out more.
- We also offer a FIXED PRICE PROMISE on your quotation once an engineer has visited your property and a PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE on Worcester Bosch boilers, if you can find a cheaper like-for-like quote, we’ll match the price and give you a £50 high street voucher.’
- We complete most of our boiler replacements in one day, and the price includes the safe and environmentally friendly removal of all waste. We’ll also clean up after ourselves when we’ve finished so all you need to is sit back and feel smug knowing you chose the best boiler installation company in London, you have up-to 12 years peace of mind with an industry leading warranty and FREE 24/7 breakdown cover. You’re a rated energy saving boiler could start saving up to £350 per year on our energy bills too!
- We think we’re the bee’s knees, but don’t take our word for it, check out what our customers have to say. We consistently receive some of the highest scores on independent review sites like Which? Trusted Trader, Check-a-Trade, Trust a Trader and Trust Pilot. We are proud of our reputation and our happy customers.
- We are a Worcester Bosch diamond accredited installer, which basically means we are a premier installer and our engineers are deemed to be some of the most highly skilled and experienced in the industry. As a result we can offer longer warranties on our workmanship than other companies.
NEED AN ELECTRIC BOILER?
Get In Touch Today!
------- #StaySocial -------
© 2017 LS1 the boiler installation and boiler repair experts